1. An interesting clue for investigators and forensics to figure out is the strange circumstances of Teoh’s shoes at the crime scene. Malaysiakini reported:
“Lim also said that the police had asked Teoh’s fiancee one ‘interesting question’, whether he changed his shoes everyday.
This is in relation to the investigating officer’s revelation that Teoh’s shoes LOOKED IN SHREDS when his body was found.
“They asked if Teoh owned many shoes and what size he wore…the fiancee said that Teoh had several pairs and seldom changed them unless they were damaged, but on that fateful day, he wore a NEW pair,” said Lim”.
2. Two important aspects to note here is:
a. According to his fiancee, Teoh wore a NEW pair of shoes that day. Of course this makes sense as Teoh was planning to marry the following day; and
b. Teoh’s shoes LOOKED IN SHREDS when his body was found.
Pic 1. left shoe about 10 feet away (pic courtesy of Dr. Rafick)
Pic 2. Notice his left shoe about 10 feet away, upright and still laced
3. Interestingly, Teoh’s left shoe was found about ten feet away, upright and still laced. This is difficult to figure out unless someone from above threw it out of the window.
Pic 3 Teoh’s right shoe ( enlarged ) – scrapped and shredded
4. The right shoe’s sole looked ‘scrapped’. According to Dr Rafick, it appears that the sole is split from the main shoe leaving behind glue marks on the main shoe. Now does this look like a ‘NEW’ pair of shoes that Teoh’s fiancee mentioned?
5. Interestingly too was the investigating officer’s query as to ‘what size shoe Teoh wore’. Was he implicating that this pair of shredded shoe was NOT Teoh’s and that someone could have replaced Teoh’s NEW pair with an old shredded one? Did the shoe that was found on Teoh actually fit him?
6. CSI Rakyat welcomes any feedbacks or theories that they may have on this strange but vital clue.