From: Americk Sidhu
Date: Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 8:59 AM
Subject: Re: BALA
Dear En. Abdul Rahman,
Further to my email of the 4 December 2009, and to the subsequent telephone conversation between us on the 8 December 2009, I would be most obliged to receive a response to my offer of assistance in arranging an interview with my client Mr.P. Balasubramaniam.
As you obviously have my mobile number, please feel free to contact me at any time to make the necessary arrangements.
On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Americk Sidhu wrote:
Dear En. Abdul Rahman,
Re: Report lodged by Shamsul Iskandar Mohd. Akin in relation to the recent disclosure by Balasubramaniam.
With reference to the above matter, I wish to inform you that I am counsel representing Mr. Balasubramaniam a/l Perumal.
I have been made to understand that you are desirous of interviewing Mr. Balasubramaniam in connection with the report lodged with your commission by En. Shamsul Iskandar Mohd. Akin on the 3rd December 2009.
In this respect I have been instructed to inform you that Mr. Balasubramaniam is prepared to assist you in your investigations and is further prepared to be interviewed by your goodself, with conditions as follows:
1. That the interview be conducted in either Singapore or London.
2. That the time and date of the interview be mutually agreed upon to suit all parties involved.
3. That all necessary air fares be borne by the MACC including those of counsel involved.
4. That all hotel expenses, subsistence, transportation and meals in respect of my client, myself and other counsel necessarily present, be borne by the MACC.
5. That any statement recorded from my client be in the English language and a copy thereof be given to my client.
6. That audio visual recordings of this interview be made by ourselves.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause you but we are sure you are appreciative of the fact that our client is understandably concerned about his safety and welfare if this interview were to be conducted in Malaysia and will not entertain any assurances given by your goodselves or any other party in consideration of doing so.
Please could you respond to me at this email address to enable me to contact my client for instructions in respect of any proposals you may have.